Thursday, September 25, 2008

Senior Journal Entry Number 1: My Summer

Word Count: 287 words

My summer was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I did so many things that I had never done before. I also met so many new people. It started out with me working at Latchkey on Mondays and Tuesdays, volunteering at the hospital on Wednesdays, and working at my uncle’s warehouse on Thursdays and Fridays. I had so much fun with this schedule because I love to be busy; however, I was having a hard time finding time for other fun activities.
There was a month where I was gone every other week, and it was absolutely amazing. My first week I went to EFY, which is a church program that was hosted by IU Bloomington. I met so many new people, and I really enjoyed my stay on the campus. I then went to Girls’ Camp in Tippecanoe County. I again had so much fun. We did so many things that I had never done before, such as zip-lining. Then I came home for a week. The next week I went to Youth Conference, yet another church activity.
Youth Conference was one of the highlights of my summer. We had so much fun. We rode on buses, rented school buses, to Kentucky. The bus ride was amazing. It was around five in the morning when we left, and a bunch of us sat in the back of the bus and played around while everyone else tried to sleep. We then came back to the church building in Plainfield, and we had a dance. The dance was absolutely amazing. I had met so many people in the week, and the dance just brought all of us so much closer. I HAD AN AMAZING SUMMER!!!!

No comments: