Thursday, September 25, 2008

Senior Journal Entry Number 3: the Hospital

Word Count: 260

On Wednesday nights I volunteer at the Hendricks Regional Hospital in Danville. I volunteer in the Emergency Room. I sign people in, and I make sure that they get where they need to be. I also make sure everyone in the emergency room is happy, well as happy as can be considering that they are in the Emergency Room. I absolutely LOVE volunteering there. I love being able to help others, and I have so much fun. I started out just volunteering at the hospital because it would look good on my college application, but not I volunteer because I love it so much.
The employees are so much fun to hang out with. I love the atmosphere at the hospital, and I am contemplating a career in the medical field. I am thinking about going to medical school, but I am not sure yet. I do not know if I want to go for school that long or not, but I would really enjoy that career.
I think that it would be fun to be a counselor, but I think that I may talk too much to do that career. I like to help others, and to help them get through hard times in their lives. I think that I could be a positive influence on people, and I think that I could possibly change someone’s life for the better. I like giving people advice and I do not think that I am too bad at it. Being a counselor would really be something that I would enjoy.

No comments: