Monday, September 22, 2008

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

So I am definitely in 4th period trying to get this done..... I totally forgot to do this over the weekend... so anyway.... Sir Gawain is definitely an epic hero. He has many of the qualities of a hero, such as bravery and dedication, but he is also flawed. He lies to protect himself by not giving him the girdle. I think that the Green Knight isn't necessarily good, but I would definitely not consider him evil. The color green can mean many different things and I think that it is used differently at different points in the work. At times I think it is used to reflect the inexperience of the characters, but at other times I think it is used to describe more of personal character traits......................

1 comment:

Colin said...

yes, i agree that the Green Knight has mix of the two